Foster Family Resources
Every foster and adoptive family knows, you have to find your resources. And no matter where you are in your journey as a foster or adoptive parent, a little help goes a long way. So we've put together some links all in one place to help you as a parent, help your children or to answer some questions if you are curious about being a foster or adoptive family.
Thinking of becoming a foster or adoptive family?
Being a Foster or Adoptive Parent isn’t easy and it isn’t for everyone. But, if you are able to make a difference in the life of a child, it will be the most rewarding experience you will ever have.
• Heartfelt Calling: the first point of contact for anyone in South Carolina interested in becoming a foster or adoptive parent.
• Lifeline Children's Services: Adoption
Resources for Children
• Educational Support: Bridge Educational Services
• Second Chance Bikes:
Closet of Hope has partnered with Second Chance Bikes! Closet of Hope ensures all appropriate paperwork is on file and Second Chance Bikes provides excellent condition used bikes to the families we support.
Second Chance Bikes believes that every child in our community should be able to experience the magic of owning a bicycle, which is why they have a Free Bikes For Kids program.
If you are a foster or kinship family and would like a bike for a child in your care, please reach out to Heather Weimer at email@example.com.
Resources for Parents
• Lifeline Children's Services Continuing Education Videos
• South Carolina Foster Parent Association
• Lowcountry Foster Parent Associations
• Taking Care of Yourself While Raising Your Grandchildren
• Chafee Foster Care Program for Successful Transition to Adulthood